For those of you who are like me and LOVE sweet breakfasts, this one is to die for! its the perfect balance of protein and carbs and amazing as a post workout meal.
1 egg white
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp honey
- whisk the eggs, oats and cocoa together and add a splash of water. Pour the mixture into a hot pan and cook until almost fully cooked
- place the chopped banana on one side of the omlette and flip the other side to close it up.
- cook until the inside is fully cooked
- top with a drizzle of honey.
So yesterday I did Murph which is a hero wod. Complete as fast as possible:
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
1 mile run
To make matters worse I decided to go out the night before and consequently had a bit of a hangover and barely any sleep. I still managed to complete it in 47:05. Not the best, but not the worst given my condition haha.
Today my body is feeling worse for ware. I can barely extend my arms and my quads feel like they have bricks in them. So I thought it was a good idea to feed my body’s with lots of protein and some carbs today!
1/4 cup future life
1/2 cup chocolate whey protein
1/2 mashed banana
Mix all ingredients together and cook in waffle machine
Top with grated Apple and 1/4 scoop chocolate whey mixed with a bit of water to make a sauce.
I just found out it was international pancake day and obviously I’m obsessed with pancakes so had to make some! These little babies are the perfect preform out with a healthy combination of protein and carbs.
1/4 cup chocolate future life
1/3 cup oats
1 egg white
Combine all ingredients until mixture is a batter consistency. If it seems too runny, add more oats. Cook on a medium heat pan.
Top with yogurt, honey and fruit
Even though I’ve stopped eating whey protein, I made these muffins for my mom. I had a little nibbles and boy are they delicious!
2 1/2 scoops chocolate why protein
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 1/2 ripe bananas
1. Blend the eggs and bananas together
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix together
3. Place batter into a muffin tin and bake at 180•c for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked
This is one of my favorite snacks to make as it is low in calories, high in protein and fills you up! I usually have one as a pre workout and sometimes as an afternoon snack!
1/2 scoop chocolate whey
1 tbsp coconut flour
Method: mix all the ingredients in a mug and microwave for 1 minute and viola! A healthy muffin! 😋 I then top it with butter and honey or some yogurt.
As a pre workout snack I substitute coconut flour for oats to get some more carbs. You can also make them savory:
2 tbsp oats
Sprinkle of salt or other seasoning
Optional: cheese/ feta
Method: mix ingredients and microwave for 1 minute.
Delicious and nutritious!
Pizza is definitely my favorite food, but we all know how calorie laden and unhealthy the usual pizza is. So when I crave pizza I make myself delicious wrap pizzas using whole grain wraps as the base. Yesterday I made one as a post workout meal and it was amazing! Perfect balance of carbs and protein to fuel the muscles!
1. Cook the wrap in the oven until browned slightly and hard.
2. I make my own tomatoe base using whole tomatoes chopped up and onions cooked in the microwave or on the stove withbalsamic vinegar.
3. Add toppings of choice. My favorite is bacon, chicken, avo, mozzarella, feta, mushrooms and spinach
4. Put back into the oven for about 10 minutes until toppings are cooked and the cheese is deliciously melted.